🌱 Helexia Belgium
Helexia is a leading energy services company and a subsidiary of the Voltalia Group, listed on Euronext. With a strong presence in about ten countries and more than 400 dedicated professionals, our mission is to empower businesses and organizations to significantly reduce their CO2 emissions and energy costs through tailored energy optimization solutions.
Joining Helexia means becoming part of an enthusiastic team dedicated to making the world greener. We are proud to have been recognized as one of the top 10 providers of solutions against climate change in Europe in 2023. We have partnerships with renowned organizations such as BECI, Ethias, Fenavian, BFA and Moore. Our client base includes esteemed names like Decathlon, BNP Paribas, Arcelor, Hubo, Sodexo, and many others.
We are seeking a motivated and experienced Finance Manager to join our finance team in Belgium reporting to Belgian CEO. The Manager will play a pivotal role in ensuring financial compliance, accurate financial reporting, and effective financial management across the region. This role requires a strong understanding of accounting principles, attention to detail, and excellent communication skills.
While ensuring accounting and tax compliance with the assistance of our external partners (accounting service providers) and the effective execution of your budget, your main responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Oversee and manage the financial operations including compliance, invoicing, collections, and monthly closing activities.
- Ensure accurate and timely recording of financial transactions, proper booking of invoices, and payment processing.
- Lead the collections process to optimize cash flow and reduce outstanding balances.
- Perform monthly closing procedures, reconcile accounts, and prepare financial statements in collaboration with dedicated external accounting service providers.
- Conduct thorough actual-to-budget analysis, identifying variances and providing insights to support decision-making.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to provide financial guidance and support for business initiatives.
- Monitor and implement financial policies, procedures, and internal controls to ensure compliance with company and regulatory standards.
- Work closely with country director, global treasury, accounting, and the management control teams at headquarters based in Lille.
- Manage local treasury functions and establish a strong link with the global treasury team based in Lille.
- Provide guidance to finance team members, fostering a culture of continuous learning and professional development.
- Regarding the budget monitoring : analyze actual vs. budget performance, monitor landings reports and contribute to the budget planning process.
- For the projects, you’ll need to document and improve financial processes within the company’s wiki and participate in the implementation of new tools, such as an ERP system (Sage).
- Regarding the compliance : handling miscellaneous operations (provisions), managing intercompany transactions and reconciliations (including the documentation in close collaboration with the BU’s legal counsel) and ensuring compliance with KYC requirements for bank accounts.
In a broader context, your role is to ensure, monitor, and document all financial routines to maintain and communicate updated and accurate financial information. You will be based in Belgium (Antwerp or Brussels).
👨💼👩💼 Ideale Kandidaat
- 3 years experience in a similar role
- Master’s degree required or significant experience
- Strong team player with excellent collaboration skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities.
- Solution-oriented mindset with effective time management and deadline adherence.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business School qualification, with finance or auditing work experience.
- Fluent in Dutch, English and French (additional languages considered an asset).
👍 Required skills
Autonomy – Enthusiasm – Organisation – Initiative – Openess – Rigour – Perseverance – Versatility